Thank You Berlin! Construction is now under way!
Check out the blog for regular updates and photos of the school renovation.
IMPORTANT info on school operations over the summer during construction:
- The school and parking lot will be closed to public access. This is a construction zone / hardhat area and no one will be allowed inside or near the school during the renovation.
- The playground and fields will be open! The school and parking lot will be closed off with safety fencing but you will be able to park on the lawn near the entrance to access the garden, playground and fields. Look for the designated parking signs.
- The school office will be off site during construction. Lori will be temporarily located at Rumney School in Middlesex, so please call or email to reach her: 802-223-5429 or email@example.com.
- Registration packets for new students will be available to pick up at the Town Clerk’s Office. Fill them out and mail them to Lori’s attention at Rumney: 433 Shady Rill Road, Middlesex, VT Please do not return them to the Town Clerk’s Office.
- We will do our best to complete the project for the first day of school, but….there is so much work to be done that if anything unexpected arises (and it usually does), we may have some things to finish up on the nights and weekends after school opens.
- The first days of school may be a bit chaotic. More than usual, I should say. Because of the construction, teachers and staff will have less time in their classrooms before school starts. This will require some patience and flexibility from all of us.
- Follow the progress! Look for updates by email, on Front Porch Forum and also online at besrenovation.com and the Friends of BES Facebook page.
Thank you again to the Berlin community for supporting these much-needed improvements and this investment in one of our Town’s greatest assets. Have a great summer!
Chris Winters, School Board Member
Why Renovate? Here’s some background info on the need for the project and why it was approved by Berlin voters:
RENOVATION PROJECT Info-Mailer From the School Board
A quick read through this short mailer published by the School Board and you’ll know everything you need to make an informed decision on Nov. 8th.
View the slides from School Board Member Chris Winters presentation:
– Renovation Bond Vote Presentation (PDF)
VIDEO: Watch Architect John Hemmelgarn explain why our school needs these repairs.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
Facebook much? Like the Friends of BES FB page!
Thank you for reaching out to us with questions or feedback. Please also share this website with your friends and neighbors in Berlin!